A College uniform reinforces in students a pride in their own appearance, instils recognition of themselves as an integral part of the College community and assists in developing pride in representing their College. Issues of equality, health and safety are factors that contribute to the establishment of the uniform.
At Coodanup College we aim to develop a strong sense of belonging and College pride. Our dress requirements help us to:
- Foster and enhance the public image of the College;
- Assist in building college and team spirit;
- Ensure students are safely dressed for specific College activities;
- Enable teachers to quickly identify our own students from others;
- Encourage equity among students;
- Prepare students for work as many work places have dress and safety codes.
All schools have dress requirements for students which are developed and approved by their School Board. The range of uniform pieces are varied enough for students to individualise their look, cater for the WA climate and accommodate Coodanup College activities. The Department’s Dress Codes for Students Policy, states that all Public Schools are required to have a dress code and students are required to comply with the code, unless they have been granted an exemption. Exemptions and sanctions will be managed in accordance with the School Education Regulations 2000 and requirements in the Dress Codes for Students Procedures.
- The dress requirement applies at all times when attending College or College excursions;
- Students wearing the uniform outside of the College are expected to behave in a manner that promotes a positive College image;
- All uniform items can be purchased from Lowes Mandurah, located in the Mandurah Forum Shopping Centre (Big W entrance);
- Students are required to change into their Physical Education (PE) uniform for all PE lessons and change back into their day uniform at the conclusion of the PE lessons;
- Appropriate enclosed footwear must be worn by all students.
It is important that students take pride in themselves, the College and the community.
- Uniform items are to be neat and clean;
- Uniform items are to be worn to size and design;
- Undergarments should not be visible;
- We encourage students to be sun smart.
Uniform Supplier – Lowes Mandurah
College Uniforms can be purchased through Lowes Mandurah in the Mandurah Forum Shopping Centre. Online orders are also accepted through Lowes by clicking on the link:- https://www.lowes.com.au/schools-online/coodanup-college
Second Hand Uniforms
Coodanup College has a buy and sell page with used uniforms and books:- Click on the link to access the Facebook page – Coodanup College Buy n Sell.