Goals 4 Girls (G4G’s) is a program school based initiative that focuses on empowerment through personal development, the Arts and recreational pursuits. During the course the girls are provided with a variety of engaging learning opportunities that will equip them to make socially responsible decisions that enhance the quality and potential of their own and other people’s lives.
In developing these skills, the girls will set and achieve personal goals and manage their own emotional being so that they are able to cope with change and conflict and to participate in meaningful and fulfilling relationships in their family, at school and in community activities.
1 Personal Development Program
- Headstrong – Building Resilience and Positive Emotions
- Free to be me – Self Empowerment
- Personal Adolescent Health – Specialist Workshops
- Mindfulness Training – Yoga/Meditation
2 The Arts
- Visual Art – Pottery, Painting, Drawing.
- Performing Arts – Circus, Dance – Specialist workshops
- Music – Ukulele, Drumming
3 Recreational Pursuits
- Boxing – Specialist Workshop
- Bush walking
- Outdoor recreation
- Bike riding
4 Community Engagement
- Zonta – International Women’s Group
- RU OK? day
- Theatre Arts – MPAC
- Environmental care – Earth Assist
An integral part of the Girls Program and its successes are the partnerships formed between the College and community based programs.
The girls will be challenged whilst they work with specialists who are committed to advocacy support and the students overall personal and educational development.
Lisa Webster – Program Teacher