Goals 4 Girls
Goals 4 Girls (G4G’s) focuses on empowerment through personal development, the Arts, recreational pursuits and community partnerships. Students will engage in a diverse range of learning opportunities that will equip them to make socially responsible decisions to enhance the quality and potential of their own, and other people’s lives.
In developing these skills, students will set and achieve personal goals and learn to manage their own mental health and well-being to help them cope with change and conflict. Through the learning process students will develop meaningful and fulfilling relationships with their family, at school and in the community.
1. Personal Development Program
- Headstrong – Building Resilience and Positive Emotions
- Free to be me – Self Empowerment
- Personal Adolescent Health – Specialist Workshops
- Mindfulness Training – Yoga/Meditation
2. The Arts
- Visual Art – Pottery, Painting, Drawing.
- Performing Arts – Circus, Dance – Specialist workshops
- Music – Ukulele, Drumming
3. Recreational Pursuits
- Boxing – Specialist Workshop
- Bush walking
- Outdoor recreation
- Cooperative games
4. Community Engagement
- Zonta – International Women’s Group
- NAIDOC – Cultural Awareness
- RU OK? day
- Harmony Day – Diversity and Inclusivity
- Supporting community projects – Earth Assist
An integral part of the Goals 4 Girls Program and its successes are the partnerships formed between Coodanup College and community-based groups. Students will be given opportunities to work with specialists in challenging learning environments who are committed to their advocacy support and overall personal and educational development.
Coordinator / Teacher