The FlexiLink program combines an online learning program with one to one or small group teaching. Students attend The Success Centre at alternate times to regular students. Students are able to work at their own pace and the learning is tailored to their needs and interests. Teaching staff at Coodanup College mark students’ work, provide feedback and conduct regular visits to students at their chosen study location.
The course is aimed at Year 11 and 12 students who may have had gaps in their education or been through a critical life event that has prevented them from accessing mainstream education. Coodanup College Success Centre / FlexiLink specialise in low literacy, disengaged students and has an open door policy for all young people who need help.
The FlexiLink program also has strong links with a number of local agencies that work with young people and facilitates access to a youth worker, counselling, medical services and Bridging the Gap.
What makes the FlexiLink Program different?
- Engages students in work that is relevant and meaningful to them
- Improves literacy and numeracy
- Provides counselling if necessary
- One to one teaching or small group teaching
- Online learning
- Strong partnership with parents/guardians
Who is it for?
- Students who have gaps in their learning
- Disengaged students
- History of poor attendance/retention
- Victims of bullying
- Students who suffer from high anxiety
- Young mothers
- Enables students to engage with a program that is contextually relevant
- Access to local agencies to support students needs and development
- Provides opportunities for success
- Online learning
The FlexiLink Curriculum:
The curriculum will be tailor made for each student dependent on their individual needs. Students will be enrolled in Certificate I, II or III in General Education for Adults or a Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways dependent on their needs or abilities. This course is designed to follow on from the middle years of schooling. Students will have access to a variety of on-line learning programs designed to improve literacy and numeracy levels. Students will have the opportunity for work experience once they are work ready.